Creamy Tomato Risotto with crispy Garlic Crumbs
(Electric Pressure Cooker Version)
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 15 Serves: 2-3
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
275ml stock (veg or meat.. we use maggie cubes in boiled water dilute)
1tbsp tomato puree (if you have none, tomoato ketchup is fine)
1tbsp olive oil
1 small brown onion (chopped finely)
1 clove of garlic (peeled and cushed)
150g/5.5oz rice (any type)
50ml/1.75fl of double cream (we use natural yoghurt as an alternative)
30g/1oz hard cheese (any type, parmesan or cheddar or etc)
juice of half a lemon
a good pinch of salt and pepper
Crispy Garlic Crumbs:
three quarters tbsp Butter
one quarter tsp salt
2 cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed)
30g/1oz breadcrumbs (you can make your own, grate 30g bread)
1tsp chopped chives or parsley
zest of half a lemon
20g grated cheese (any type)
The order of these instructions are not important, (apart from the very end bit) as it all gets put in together then cooked in your pressure cooker.
But I will write the 'how to' in the order we do it :)
1. open your EPC (electric pressure cooker) in readiness for all the ingredients to be placed inside. then grab a small pot, use the olive oil and add the onion, cook for around 5 minutes
until the onion becomes translucent, add the garlic and stir for another minute, pour this pixture inside your pressure cooker.
2. now we prepare the tomato, there are two methods here. We pour our tin of tomatos into a blender until smoothish, then pour this into our EPC, but you can do this manually
if you do not have a blander. Take a sieve and strain your tin of chopped tomatoes over a bowl, then use a spoon to mush the tomatoes left in the sieve into a fine pulp, then put the mush, and tomoto
juice into your EPC
3. Add your Stock to your EPC. give the whole mix a stir, close the lid. we have a IP (instant pot) and set ours to 15 minutes. the IP starts the timer from pressured, if your pressure cooker starts the timer
from the beginning, add 5 minutes to the timer.
IF YOU ARE MAKING THE TOPPING, MAKE IT NOW, INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
4. once cooked, leave to naturally release for 10 minutes then release. LEAVE YOUR COOKER ON KEEP WARM. open the lid and give it a thorough stir.
5. now add your cream (or yoghurt) cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. stir in well, and leave this on keep warm with the lid closed for another 5-10 minutes.
you do not need to leave it to stand for this time, but we personally do as the cheese then melts brilliantly around the rice.
for your topping:
Heat ypour butter in a small pan until it starts to foam slightly, add the salt and garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the breadcrumbs and stir to ensure the butter covers all of the breadcrumbs.
Allow to cook until the breadcrumbs brown a little, stirring often. when ready, turn off the head and add your herb of choice, lemon zest and cheese.
serve and enjoy!
footnote: when we cook this, we just have a bowl of this with no nothing else. but this would be great with veg or a veggie burger or chop.